Some of you might remember me posting about our new house being by a lake. Here’s a bit of a perspective of how CLOSE we are to the lake!
This is our front gate, going to the lake!
I have found that I really enjoy living right across from a lake! At first, I was kind of skeptical about it because I was worried about whether or not the boys would try to go fishing by themselves, or swimming with out supervision! Even going frog catching with no adult supervision, and accidentally falling in. But they don’t! They’re really great about it! They rarely ever ask about going over there, unless they are asked! (They do like being outside, but they also enjoy playing their xbox 360 quite a lot!)
That being said, I have found a few benefits of living right by a lake!
- Fishing; As long as the weather is nice & not storming, we can go fishing whenever we want, as long as we have our fishing license, which was the first thing that I did when we moved up here!
- Never dry; When I say never dry, I mean the air! It seems to always be humid. (I guess this could be either a good or bad thing.)
- The breeze; We always seem to have a breeze! It’s wonderful Today (9-10-13), has been quite the windy day. It’s been windy enough that I can go out to the clothes line to hang up a load of wet laundry, come back in & start a new load, & by the time the load in the washer is done, the ones on the line are dry!
- Relaxation; I don’t know about anyone else, but the sound of the water lapping the shore is so relaxing. If I get fed up with stuff going on inside, I go sit on our front porch and just doing that for about 5-10 minutes relaxes me!
- Sports; The lake that we live on is only about 17 or so acres, so really the only type of water sports we could enjoy are fishing, swimming & paddleboating! But if you’re lucky enough to be able to live on a larger lake, such as Lake Jacomo or Smithville Lake (which are both larger lakes close to us) then you could enjoy sports such as wakeboarding, skiing or jetskiing.
- The view; There is nothing better than sitting on our front porch drinking coffee in the morning & watching the fog roll over the lake, or watching the beautiful sunset on the dock!
Tell me what you would like the most about living near a lake?
Are there any other benefits that you can think of, other than the ones I listed?